Pages of A Chaotic Blog

27 August 2009

Proud Mama

I just wanted to share a piece of work from my Turkey. She had to write a peom for english and had a list of starter words for each sentence. Example:
I am
I wonder
I see....
and this is what my sweet girl came up with. You have to read the entire thing or you wont get the poem. I am truly blessed with such smart and gifted girls.

I Am......
I am lonely and tired
I wonder why we are living
I hear angry yelling
I see kids fighting
I want happiness for all
I am kind and nice
I pretend there is JOY in the air
I feel pain, but want less
I touch others to tell my story
I cry for the hurt ones
I am devoted and confused
I understand nothing of life
I say "many wrongs do not make a right"
I dream of a better world
I try to overcome each bump in the road
I hope I can succeed in my act of the better
I am a girl who must do what's right.

I truly just love this poem. It says so much! I hope that you have enjoyed it as well, and perhaps, take a little with you.

No comments: